Digitread sponsors International Systems Engineering Conference
The International Conference on System of Systems Engineering (SoSE) 2016 will take place in Kongsberg, Norway, between 12 and 16 June and will run concurrently with KSEE 2016. Digitread is the main sponsor of the conference.
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) is the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community to innovate for a better tomorrow through its highly-cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities. Every year, IEEE organizes the SoSE conference, and for the very first time it will be taking place in Norway.
- IEEE assigned the conference to the University College of Southeast Norway, but the conference is also taking place in collaboration with the University of Twente and The University of Texas in San Antonio, reports Silja Sverreson, Head of Corporate Programs at the Norwegian Institute of Systems Engineering (NISE).
- It is the 11th year this conference is taking place, and we have merged this event with the annual Kongsberg Systems Engineering Event (KSEE) symposium.
From academia to application and back
The theme is “SoSE and Cyber Physical Systems (CPS), from academia to application and back”. The conference is a conference for all people developing and evolving systems which become integrated and interconnected into today’s world. This evolution is facilitated by the fast pace of enabling technologies such as the Internet of Things, Cloud Technology, Robotics, Modeling and Simulation, Human-Centered Design, Knowledge Based Development etc. SoSE is a meeting place for policy makers, business leaders, industry practitioners and researchers.
Will challenge companies to think holistically
- Our motivation to be part of this conference is that we want to challenge companies and to get them thinking about how systems engineering can be a part of their overall strategy to drive product development and digital manufacturing, states Magnus Normann who is Managing Director of Digitread.
- Systems engineering bridges the various traditional engineering disciplines. The various components of such complex systems cannot be developed independently, but must be designed so that they work together and support each other, Normann continues.
- If all engineers had a clearer understanding of how it all fits together in the form of systems, not just thinking of the individual components, we believe that there is a lot to be gained in efficiency improvements. We would like to convey this; hence why Digitread chose to participate as one of the sponsors of the SoSE 2016.