Connect teams and projects and improve application development processes with a single, unified solution for requirements, coding, testing and release
Everything you need to accelerate innovation
In legacy software development environments, many different point solutions are used to manage the application lifecycle. As a result, development artifacts are scattered, slowing down collaboration, hindering transparency, undermining integrity and making it difficult to drive innovation.
Polarion® ALM™ gives organizations one unified solution that delivers project transparency through real-time aggregated management information. It enables everyone to be aligned around what is being built and why, to drive advancement while protecting integrity and compliance. This approach helps teams respond faster and with better quality to new business opportunities and customer demands.
Three core pillars of Polarion ALM
An application lifecycle management solution must follow the trends and challenges of modern software development;
increasing demands for customization and variants, highly complex projects, distributed teams and more. Polarion ALM is based on these three core pillars:
Polarion ALM enables teams to collaborate on shared assets easily and securely. You can control who can see what, who can change what, and when, via granular permission controls and robust configurable workflow automation.
With Polarion ALM you can ensure completeness of the information about every step in a development process. Every step is just a click away – starting with modified lines of code up to high-level change requests.
Studies reveal that 60 to 80 percent of requirements, code and tests are shared between projects. With Polarion ALM, you can re-use or branch your data for effective sequential or parallel project and product line development.
Polarion ALM benefits
- Unlock synergies across all collaborators with browser-based access to a single data source
- Increase productivity with intuitive and role-based user interface
- Achieve better quality and regulatory compliance through end-to-end traceability and automated audit trails
- Adopt modern agile techniques at once or incrementally with out-of-the-box project templates that can be adjusted to your needs
- Optimize planning, prioritization and release predictability via flexible planning and real-time reporting
- Browser-based application lifecycle management
- Traceability and versioning
- Online authoring with LiveDocs
- Re-use and variants
- Flexible, customizable workflows
- Resource and project planning
- Cloud-based collaboration with discussions, wikis, subscriptions, alerts and more
- Software requirements management
- Workflow-driven change management
- Test management
- Risk management
- Audits and qualitative metrics
- Automated build management
- Compliance management tools for a broad range of industry standards
- Extensibility through open APIs